The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart
This book is historical romance with mystery, history, adventure, treasure hunting all intertwined into a very good story. It involves undercover work full of intrigue while searching for a Faberge egg that was made but never given to the then Czar of Russia.
There are two timelines switching between chapters, one from the early 1900 which explains the story of the egg and one in the present where the search for the egg goes on.
Nick Laine who was a world renown treasure hunter, is reunited with his wife Carol and daughter Ava after being estranged for many years. Nick wants Ava to become his padawan, and help in one last search before he dies. He shares clues and sends them along with a body guard and a tech wizard to Russia and then to Finland to search out clues for the missing egg. Along the way the trusted become untrusted and Ava is led into danger.
I really enjoyed previewing this book and recommend it for your reading list.
I was sent these books to review from the Nuts About Books program at Graf-Martin Communications and Baker Publishing Group. After reading the books are donated to the Christian thrift store, the local library, shared with friends or left in little free libraries for others to enjoy.
More reviews from Nuts About Books:
- All That it Takes by Nicole Deese
- All’s Fair in Love and Christmas by Sarah Monzon
- Elysium Tide by James T Hannibal
- Food Triggers by Amanda Lia
- Sea Glass Cottage by Irene Hannon
- The Master Craftsman by Kelli Stuart
- The Souls of Lost Lake by Jaime Jo Wright
- Until Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin
- The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin
- You Make it Fell Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh