I love an old fashioned tuna casserole for dinner.
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 cup of green beans or peas
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- my own white sauce with grated cheese and mushrooms added
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/12 to 2 cups gluten free pasta
- 1/12 to 2 cups of shredded cheese
I make my own white sauce to replace creamed soups in casseroles.
- drain tuna
- cook pasta
- mix all ingredients well in a casserole dish
- bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes
- add topping for the last 10 minutes or so
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- about 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
Mix bread crumbs with melted butter for a topping.
Another option is to add about 1 cup of crushed potato chips to the top. My mom always made it this way and to me this makes it an old fashioned meal.
I like to serve my tuna casserole with plain salad greens sprinkled with parmesan cheese. You can add whatever type of dressing your prefer. This time I also added a serving of chick peas.
As I’m the only one that likes tuna casserole I always freeze portions of it for a later time.
Find a yummy recipe to cook.