I’m continuing with some early Christmas gifts to make. Here is a cute little project that uses up bits and pieces of Christmas coloured yarn and turns them into wine bottle hats or cork cozies. A perfect little gift to accessorize a bottle of wine or other beverage. Don’t forget to add the jingle bell on the top.
- raid your yarn stash for small amounts of red, green and white yarn, used in any order you wish
- 6 mm hook
- Round 1 – Chain 4 and join together, chain 3 (for 1st dc) and then add 11 dc into the ring, join, fasten off
- Round 2 – join the next colour, ch 3 and then dc in each dc in the previous round, join, fasten off
- Repeat Round 2 three more times
- Round 6 – thread pony beads onto the last colour, repeat Round 2, (do a stitch and bring a bead up before doing the next stitch), join, fasten off
- add a jingle bell to the top
You could even crochet a little scarf to tie around the neck of the bottle.
Feeling inspired? See lots more ideas on my Christmas page.
Other cozies to make