I’m continuing with some early Christmas gifts to make. Here is a cute little project that uses up bits and pieces of Christmas coloured yarn and turns them into wine bottle hats or cork cozies. A perfect little gift to accessorize a bottle of wine or other beverage. Don’t forget to add the jingle bell on the top.
- raid your yarn stash for small amounts of red, green and white yarn, used in any order you wish
- 6 mm hook
- Round 1 – Chain 4 and join together, chain 3 (for 1st dc) and then add 11 dc into the ring, join, fasten off
- Round 2 – join the next colour, ch 3 and then dc in each dc in the previous round, join, fasten off
- Repeat Round 2 three more times
- Round 6 – thread pony beads onto the last colour, repeat Round 2, (do a stitch and bring a bead up before doing the next stitch), join, fasten off
- add a jingle bell to the top
You could even crochet a little scarf to tie around the neck of the bottle.
Feeling inspired? See lots more ideas on my Christmas page.
Other cozies to make
These are so cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
These little cork cozies are so quick and easy to make and they certainly make a cute addition to a gift.