When the days cool down I always yearn for a delicious bowl of soup.
This quick and easy potato soup takes a few minutes of prep and about half hour to cook. The ingredients are naturally gluten free.
- 2 medium white potatoes
- 1/4 cup of celery
- 1/4 cup of onion, sweet onion is my choice but you can use any that you prefer
- cube the potatoes
- chop the celery and onion
- add ingredients to saucepan
- cover with water
If I use onion and celery from my freezer stash, no chopping is required.
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add other seasonings, I like dill or Italian seasoning
- simmer about 20 minutes until potatoes are soft but not mushy
- don’t drain, but mash to a lumpy consistency
- add 3/4 cup milk slowly (more or less)
- add to blender if you like a really smooth consistency
- return to heat and simmer
- add bacon bits, shredded cheese or croutons before serving
Serve and enjoy. This makes about 2 cups of soup. To make more just increase the recipe.
Have you enjoyed a delicious bowl of soup lately? What is your favourite?
Soup is always in season, find a delicious recipe that just might become your new favourite.
More of my recipes.
What a great looking comfort soup for the cooler weather. Looks easy to make and delicious.
I love a good potato soup–this one look simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing it at Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen.