Lavender is such a wonderful plant to have in the garden.
Beautiful purple flowers that give off the most wonderful scent as you brush by them.
The pollinators love the blooms and they are great to use in crafts (the blooms not the pollinators!).
Here is how I made some lavender wands to add to drawers, hang in closets, and give as gifts.
- Cut several stems of lavender
- fasten around the middle with a long piece of thin ribbon
- bend the stalks up towards the flower end
- with the thin ribbon begin to weave it in and out and around the lavender
- completely cover all of the lavender
I used thin white ribbon for some and thin lavender ribbon for others.
I found the idea in a book, Decorating with Herbs, which I purchased at a thrift store for $1. So many ideas. I love shopping at thrift stores for garden related books.
These is a quick and easy craft to make and the scent is amazing.
Other lavender crafts I’ve made